Showing posts with label Juan Martin Del potro. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Juan Martin Del potro. Show all posts

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Del Potro Interview - Australian Open Sunday, 18 January, 2015

Del Potro Interview - Australian Open Sunday, 18 January, 2015

Australian Open Betting Odds



Q. What happened in practice? What made you decide to pull out?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I didn't feel prepared for playing in this big event. My first Grand Slam after one year, five-set matches, is very tough. Could be dangerous for my wrist and also for my physic. I think it was a tough decision, but could be a smart decision if I want to stay healthy and play for the whole year.

Q. Did you feel a new pain or is it soreness?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: It's something similar. It's been hurting the last couple of days and weeks. Nothing new. Nothing dangerous. But I think my wrist is not ready for play in this important tournament. I'm looking forward for the whole season. It's tough to say this, but I'm still positive and I want to play tennis as I did last week. That's why I decide for withdrawing here.

Q. How long do you think it will be before you play again?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I don't know. I am still doing treatments. I will see the doctor again. I hope start playing again very, very soon in the United States tournaments. But he will say what could be good for my future. But I'm very positive. I really enjoying playing tennis again last week in Sydney, winning couple matches. I didn't expect that, for sure. But that's give me little bit of motivation for pass through this pain again. So I'm very exciting to come back again very soon and play without pain.

Del Potro withdrew from Australian Open

Del Potro withdrew from Australian Open

Juan Martin Del Potro annouced that he will not play at the Australian Open 2015 because he feels lot of pain on his wrist.

He said playing could pose a "danger for my wrist" and hoped to return to tournaments "very, very soon."

"I have to be smart. I'm looking forward to my future and my career" he added.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run

Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run

Mikhail Kukushkin beat Juan Martin del Potro 76 76 in the quarterfinals of the Apia International Sydney.

"When you play six matches in a row at one tournament, you start to get some confidence," said Kukushkin. "It's very, very important, especially at the beginning of the year when you had [a] two month off season, no competition, no matches. I'm pretty happy to have so many wins here in Sydney."

"It was a tough match," said del Potro. "I think he deserved to win because he played better than me in the tie-break. I served well, but my wrist hurts a little bit more than yesterday, and I couldn't hit harder than my last match. I think anyway it's a great week for me. I played three matches in a row and I played against good players, which means a good comeback for me."

In the semifinal, Kukushkin plays Leonardo Mayer, who beat Julien Benneteau.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Del Potro upsets Fognini in Sydney

Del Potro upsets Fognini in Sydney

Juan Martin del Potro defeat top seed Fabio Fognini 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 in the second round at the Apia International Sydney.

"I thought I played better," said del Potro. "I felt better on the court, especially at the end of the match. I served well, I hit good forehands and my backhands improved from yesterday… I need to keep playing with these guys, hitting the ball as fast I can, and keep trying.

"My wrist is the same. It's not getting worse, so I have confidence with that. Of course, I'm very happy to beat my first top 20 player on the year."

Del Potro grew stronger through the match after receiving treatment on his wrist from the trainer in the opening set, and he looked close to his best form in the deciding set to eliminate Fognini.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Video: Juan Martin Del Potro press conference (1R) - Apia International Sydney

Video: Juan Martin Del Potro press conference (1R) - Apia International Sydney

Juan Martin Del Potro chats to the press following his win over Sergiy Stakhovsky at the 2015 Apia International Sydney.... Watch highlights Here



Video: Del Potro v Sergiy Stakhovsky highlights - Apia International Sydney 2015

Video: Del Potro v Sergiy Stakhovsky highlights - Apia International Sydney 2015

Today Juan Martin Del Potro beat Stakhovsky 63 76 in his first match in almost 11 month... Watch some Highlights from the 2015 Apia Sydney International encounter...

Del Potro is back, wins opener in Sydney

Del Potro is back, wins opener in Sydney

Juan Martin del Potro, the defending champion, beat Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-3, 7-6(4) in the first round of the Apia International Sydney.

Del Potro, ranked 338th after 11 month out of the courts, broke early to go up 3-1, proceeding to close out the first set 6-3.

Stakhovsky forced a tie-break in the second, but Juan Martin was able to close out the match in one hour, 21 minutes.

The former US Open champ delayed his comeback a week after pulling out of the Brisbane International tournament with residual pain in his wrist. But he looked unimpeded against Stakhovsky on Tuesday as he served seven aces and never faced a break point.

He will next face top seed Fabio Fognini.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Video: Del Potro's Fans make video to supporting on his comeback

Video: Del Potro's Fans make video to supporting on his comeback

Fans of Juan Martin Del Potro from all around the world made an amazing video sending him messages of love and support before his comeback .... With a special guess included... Gabriela Sabatini ♥

Enjoy....

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Photo: Del Potro on his way to Sydney

Photo: Del Potro on his way to Sydney

Juan Martin del Potro will return to the ATP Tour in Sydney, where he is the defending champion, after almost a year and he was spotted at the airport...

“I missed the tour, I missed to compete. Those feelings outweigh the pain in the wrist, which comes and goes and prevented me from having the ideal pre-season training,” he explained.

“I don’t expect great results. At this point I don’t care about the rankings. I take it as a reward for the effort that I put to return.”

Wishing Juan Martin All the best!!!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Del Potro to play Sydney and Australian Open

Del Potro to play Sydney and Australian Open

Juan Martin del Potro just announced on his Facebook page that he will traavel to Sydney and the Australian Open :)

Hello everyone!!! I wanted to tell you that we decided to travel to play Sydney and the Australian Open. I missed the tour, I missed to compete, I missed interacting with you on court and those feelings outweigh the pain in the wrist, which comes and goes and prevented me from having the ideal pre-season training.

I don’t expect great results, I just want to feel the competition, I want to feel an active player once again, nearly a year after my last match. At this point I don’t care about the rankings. The situation is different. I take it as a reward for the effort that I put to come back.

The experience of my previous injury will help me so as not to be too anxious. I follow what my doctor Richard Berger says. I have to be patient.

As I wrote in a previous post, thanks for your support on my way back! You know that without your love, my will, the support of my team, my family and friends, this would not be possible.

See you in Australia!

Loving this news :)

Marin Cilic in doubt for the Australian Open

Cilic and Del Potro in doubt for the Australian Open

Marin Cilic is likely going to miss the first grand slam event of 2015. He's been battling a right shoulder injury for six months, causing him to miss several tournaments since taking his first U.S. Open title in September 2014.

The Croat told reporters that "considering the full recovery and opportunity for practice, it is highly questionable if I will be able to play."

He hasn't officially withdrawn "since there is still a week or so left to see how things will develop," he told the Associated Press.

The injury also kept him out of this week's Brisbane Open in Brisbane, Australia.



AFP Photo/Rosland Rahman

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Del Potro in doubt for Brisbane

Del Potro in doubt for Brisbane

Del Potro felt pain in his left wrist and questioned the beginning of the season in Brisbane and Australia Open .
He has been more than nine monthsaway frm the tennis courts and was not able to train at 100 %.

A few days before returning to the professional circuit ATP the player again felt pain on his left wrist, which was operated a few month ago due to a ligament injury.

He planned to return to the courts in the ATP 250 Brisbane ( starting on Sunday ), then to play Sydney and the Australia Open , the first grand slam of the year.

But the pain in his wrist is back and his future is unknown.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Delpo adds Sydney to 2015 calendar

Delpo adds Sydney to 2015 calendar

Juan Martin del Potro, who recently announced he will play at the Brisbane International, will also plat at the Apia International Sydney, where he is the defending champion.

“I love playing in Sydney. The city and the fans are great and I can’t wait to come back and defend my title,” said del Potro, who has not played competitively since 25 February.

“Last year I played some of my best tennis there and it is the perfect way to start the year. I am looking forward to being back in Sydney as it is one of my favourite cities to play. I remember there were a lot of Argentine fans who came out to support me which was amazing.”

Del Potro will compete alongside Fabio Fognini, David Goffin, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Julien Benneteau, Nicolas Almagro, Leonardo Mayer, Jeremy Chardy, Pablo Cuevas, Nick Kyrgios and 2013 champion Bernard Tomic.

Apia International Sydney Tournament Director Alistair MacDonald said, “We have made multiple changes to our event in 2015 and are thrilled we are able to complement these with another world class line-up of stars.

“We’ll be welcoming back one of the most popular players we’ve ever had in defending champion Juan Martin del Potro and our women’s field this year is one of the strongest you will see outside a Grand Slam.

“To have Australia’s own rising star Nick Kyrgios, one of the most talked about players on tour at the moment, as well as Sydney favourites Bernard Tomic and Sam Stosur is another coup.”

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Del Potro to play Brisbane

Del Potro to play Brisbane

Juan Martin del Potro is very close to return to the ATP tour and his comeback will be at the Brisbane International, which begins on 4 January 2015.

Delpo has not played since being forced to retire due to a left wrist injury at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on 25 February.

He will make his debut in Brisbane alongside Roger Federer, Kei Nishikori, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic, Grigor Dimitrov and the defending champion Lleyton Hewitt.

Tournament Director Cameron Pearson said, “We’re thrilled with the calibre of the fields we have assembled for this summer’s event, the tournament continues to grow each year and 2015 is shaping up as one of our best yet.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Injuries threaten to ruin Del Potro’s career

Injuries threaten to ruin Del Potro’s career One of the disappointments of this year’s Wimbledon has been the absence of Juan Martin del Potro who made it through to the semi-finals 12 months ago, eventually being beaten in a classic by Novak Djokovic. The Argentine has endured more than his fair share of injuries during his career and is currently edging his way back to full fitness following surgery on his left wrist in March. Del Potro had to miss the French Open and was still not fit enough to feature at Wimbledon, a pity as he would have tempted many people to have a put a bet on him in the outright tennis betting for the tournament. Del Porto said in May that he had started training again and has confirmed that he will play in Kuala Lumpur in September. However, he has not competed on the ATP tour since retiring in his match against Indian Somdev Devvarman in Dubai in late February.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Del Potro Press Conferences | Australian Open 2014 1st Round

Juan Martin Del Potro Press Conferences | Australian Open 2014 1st Round

Q. That was a tougher challenge than you might have been expecting for a first round?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, of course. I didn't expect this kind of matches against him. I didn't know too much before the match how he's playing tennis.

But he serve well. His forehand is good. I start the match really, really slow, and then was difficult to come back and play my game.

But in the end, I serve well. I hit some good forehands. That's help me to improve a little bit my game.

Q. A question about your racquet. Are you using the same racquet that you used in 2009 when you won the US Open?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes.

Q. Were you supposed to get new racquets before this tournament that didn't come?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, no. I made a test. I try a few racquets before Australian Open, but I didn't feel the confidence to change before a Grand Slam. It's not easy find the good time to change racquet. Every tournament are important for us.

But I think I'm getting closer to change racquets, and that's important for me.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Djokovic vs Del Potro in Shanghai Masters Final

Djokovic vs Del Potro in Shanghai Masters Final Novak Djokovic defeated Jo-Wilfried 62 75 to reach another Shanghai Masters Final where he will face Juan Martin Del Potro, who upset Rafael Nadal 6-2, 6-4 . "I've always been coming out in China and making some really, really good results, winning trophies," Djokovic said. "It's very positive because most of the people would think after the fourth Grand Slam of the year is over, that somehow the season is finished in the minds of maybe people who are not following consistently the tennis season." Potro will try to win his first Masters title while Nole is the defending champ. Del Potro hadn't beaten Nadal since the semifinals of the 2009 U.S. Open but he is playing fully fit and confident — he's coming off a win last week at the Japan Open that returned him to the top five in the rankings. He completely overpowered Nadal with his deep, punishing groundstrokes and fended off all six break points he faced. Nadal was broken twice to start the match as del Potro raced out to 4-0. The Argentine started to make a few mistakes in the second set, giving Nadal two chances to break in the second game. But the Argentine saved both with huge serves and put the pressure right back on Nadal, breaking him for a third time in the following game.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Is Del Potro Ready to Upset the big boys Again?



Is Del Potro Ready to Upset the big boys Again?

For many, the winner of the men's singles title at the US Open can only possibly come from a group of three players. Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, and defending champion, Andy Murray, seem to be the only candidates for success at Flushing Meadows.

The sentimental amongst us might have a look at Roger Federer but, judging by his rapidly deteriorating form, it looks unlikely he will be adding to his 17 Grand Slam titles before putting away his racket. 

So, if you are looking for an answer outside the obvious, then why not check out the shortening odds of 2009 US Open winner, Juan Martin del Potro? The powerful Argentine defeated Nadal and Federer to lift the title in New York four years ago but has struggled to recapture that kind of form since due to a wrist injury. The 24-year-old spent close to a year on the sidelines and, as a result, slipped to number 485 in the world. 

Had it not been for that injury, then pundits on Betfair would have been talking about a big five, rather than big four for the last couple of years. Del Potro has already shown his grand slam-winning ability once so why not again? 

Certainly, there have been signs this year of the laid back South American rediscovering his best form, defeating Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray on his way to the Indian Wells Masters final. He also took Djokovic the distance on one leg in their semi-final encounter at Wimbledon in July. 

There is no doubt that Del Potro relishes playing on the biggest stage and the Slams give him the opportunity to show off to a massive audience. Rather than be intimidated by having Djokovic in his half of the draw, the former champion is bound to relish the challenge of defeating him. 

Del Potro has also made it clear the hard courts are his surface of choice, the 6ft6in competitor having won 46% of matches on that surface. All this adds up to a serious challenger to the world’s top three. Del Potro certainly looks capable of taking a big bite out of the big three in the Big Apple.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Watch Del Potro vs Djokovic Wimbledon Semis live online and free streaming on Youtube

Watch Del Potro vs Djokovic Wimbledon Semis live online and free streaming on Youtube

Watch Wimbledon semifinals between Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro live and online...

Watch it right here :) or at Wimbledon.com

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Del Potro Wimbledon 2013 quarter-final Press conference | Video and transcrip

Del Potro Wimbledon 2013 quarter-final Press conference | Video and transcrip



Juan Martin del Potro's press conference after 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 win over David Ferrer.

Q. From outside it looks completely unbelievable what you've done today. Can you describe.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: From inside was the same (smiling).

I think I play a really, really nice match today. That's what I need against these kind of players, basically against David because he run a lot. He's a really good fighter. He was two set down and put me pressure all the time until the end of the match.

I think I play really focus the important moments. My best tennis came today to beat him.

Q. When you fell at the beginning, what was going through your head? Were you worried?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, I was worried because was the same movements like four days ago. The doctor says they can't do any more with my knee. I had the tape, a very tight tape, and that help me to move a little bit, but nothing more.